Sunday, December 5, 2010

V/A - Six Of The Best LP (South Africa, 1979)

This LP is notable mostly for the 2 Wild Youth tracks. This is from a noisy vinyl copy I taped years ago. Other than the Wild Youth tracks there isn't anything particularly punk although a few of them are interesting. More Wild Youth here.

V/A - Six Of The Best LP (WEA WIL 7000, 1979)
Wild Youth - Record Companies
Leopard - Underestimator
Safari Suits - I Know What I Like
Bill Flynn - Inside I'm Cryin'
Corporal Punishment - Victim's Victim
Leopard - Boys And Bitches
Roger Lucey - I Don't Want Your Guillotine
Safari Suits - A South African In Paris
Corporal Punishment - Goddess Of Depression
Wild Youth - All Messed Up

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got home from a Sea Cruise inspired fish n chips fest and I came home to find you'd put up one of my top wants EVER. SA punk, I just like it. I like everywhere, but y'know how you get a taste for certain scenes and now I've got the SA equivalent to "Streets". Thanks again (and I'm lookin' for an Ocean Zoo EP for you my friend). There are a few other SA bands I'll throw out there: early Dog Detachment singles, Popguns, the News, Lancaster band, and especially Peach's LP. Oh and another lifelong want: The Warm singles, or the Nova Vaga comp...and I thank you much indeed.

GraemeSTL said...

Many thanks for posting this comp. Maybe not a classic but interesting nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am the singer of Wild Youth and it is interesting so see this post. I am looking for good quality WAV files of the 2 WY songs taken recorded directly from the vinyl. It would be great if anyone has these. My email is michael.fleck@btopenworld.com